Carol R. Chandler
Carol R. Chandler was appointed on May 15, 2007, as the alternate representative to the Commission by the California State University Board of Trustees, and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Trustees.
Ms. Chandler is committed to education and to the continuing health of the agriculture industry in California. While she is very active in her own community, she also participates in several service and civic organizations statewide.
Ms. Chandler was appointed by Governor Pete Wilson to the California Postsecondary Education Commission (1998-2004). She also served on the University of California Board of Regents (1997-1998).
Ms. Chandler taught at San Joaquin Valley schools, including Fresno City College, before devoting full time to the family business, Chandler Farms. She and her husband, Bill, farm grapes, almonds, and tree fruit in the Selma district. They grow grapes for raisins and wine, as well as almonds, peaches, plums, and nectarines. She handles the business administration portion of the operation.
- M.A., California State University, Fresno
- B.A., University of California, Davis
Awards and Honors:
- Named one of the California State Legislature's "Woman of the Year" by the California State Legislature in 1992 and 2002
- Member, Western Growers Association, Board of Directors
- Member, Cal Chamber Board of Directors
- Member, Junior League of Fresno
- Member, La Feliz Guild of Valley Children's Hospital
- Member, Common Threads Committee, which honors philanthropic women in Valley communities
- Co-Chair of the Institute for Family Business
- Former Member, Governor's Subcommittee on Agriculture and Water
- Former State President/Vice-President, California Women for Agriculture
- Former Board Member of the Fresno Y.W.C.A.
- Former Board Member of the Central California Women's Conference