Barbara Davis-Lyman was appointed by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges on November 8, 2010 as the representative to the Commission and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Governors. She was the alternate commissioner from March 2, 2010 to November 7, 2010.
Ms. Davis-Lyman has been a professor of sociology and psychology at Sacramento City College since 1970 and currently serves as president of the Academic Senate for the Los Rios Community College District.
- Member, Board of Governors California Community Colleges (2005 - Present)
- Serves as a member of the accreditation team for seven California community colleges and was the last faculty member of the Community College League of California.
- Served as project coordinator for Building Bridges, a comprehensive Transfer Model for Community Colleges and the California State University system.
- Served as Vice President of the California Association of Community Colleges.
- Member of the Statewide Academic Senate Research Committee.
- Member of the Faculty Association for California Colleges and the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Director of the Staff Resource Center and faculty facilitator for Program Evaluation and Gender Equity coordinator.