Noreen M. Walton
Noreen M. Walton was appointed to the California Postsecondary Education Commission by Governor Schwarzenegger on December 31, 2010, to represent the general public. Her term expires on December 31, 2016.
Ms. Walton is currently Director of Curriculum and Instruction for the Poway Unified School District, where she also served as an English Teacher for EL, college-prep and Advanced Placement students at three district high schools, and Chairperson of the English Department and Assistant Principal at Poway High School. Prior to her career in education, Ms. Walton worked as a freelance journalist and editor.
- B.A. - English, Emmanuel College, Boston
- M.A. - English, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Single Subject Credential, English, California State University, San Marcos
Awards and Honors:
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher, University of California, San Diego, 2003
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher, Tufts University, 2003
- Teacher of the Year, Poway Unified School District, 2002
- Finalist, Teacher of the Year, San Diego County, 2002
- Nominee, Sallie Mae First Class Teacher Award, 1999
- Member, National Council of Teachers of English
- Member, Association of California School Administrators