Improving Teacher Quality ResourcesThe following documents are consistent with the provisions of NCLB, conditions with which all awards in this program must comply. These documents should be consulted throughout the process of planning and preparing an application.
- The California Department of Education's priorities to reduce the achievement gap as outlined in Closing the Achievement Gap: Report of Superintendent Jack O'Connell's P-16 Council published in January 2008 by the California P-16 (Pre-kindergarten through Higher Education) Council.
- California's Revised State Plan for No Child Left Behind: Highly Qualified Teacher. http://www2.ed.gov/programs/teacherqual/hqtplans/ca.doc
- Eligible School Districts: http://www.cpec.ca.gov/FederalPrograms/Eligibility.asp. (This data is taken from the US Census website at http://www.census.gov//did/www/saipe/ ).
- Examining Educational Experiments: A Field Guide for Conducting Scientifically Based Research: http://www.cpec.ca.gov/FederalPrograms/FieldGuide.pdf.
- ITQ Administrative Handbook: http://www.cpec.ca.gov/FederalPrograms/ITQAdminHandbook.pdf.
- California Department of Education Closing the Achievement Gap Website: http://www.closingtheachievementgap.org/cs/ctag/print/htdocs/home.htm
- The Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning Website: http://www.cftl.org/index.php
- California Dropout Research Project (CDRP) Website: http://cdrp.ucsb.edu/dropouts/index.htm