Report 00-5: Moving California Ahead: An Executive Summary
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionJune 2000View Full Publication
This in an executive summary of two long-range higher education planning reports completed at the outset of the 21st century by the California Postsecondary Education Commission. They are Providing for Progress; California Higher Education Enrollment Demand and Resources into the 21st Century (CPEC Report 00-1), and the companion Policy for Progress Reaffirming California Higher Education Accessibility, Affordability, and Accountability into the 21st Century (CPEC Report 00-3). Together, these two reports bridge the Commission's past work of the past quarter century and its contemporary efforts to move higher education policy forward to embrace the issues of the new century. In this summary, the Commission has drawn upon these companion reports and their respective resources, collecting in a single document the major findings, conclusions, and recommendations of both. Among other issues, these newly adopted Commission reports address:
- California's continued burgeoning growth in higher education enrollment demand and the State's ability to respond;
- Economic trends that will affect both the ability to finance higher education growth as well as the types of learning and training opportunities it will be called upon to offer;
- How to retain educational excellence while maintaining access for an increasingly diverse student body, and
- The growing importance of technology in the classroom and education environment.
Related Topics: Performance of Higher Education
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.