Report 03-1: A Review of California's Cross-Enrollment Program
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionFebruary 2003View Full Publication
This report provides a history of the Cross-Enrollment Program since its inception in 1994, an analysis of institutional and student participation in the program, and the following Commission recommendations:
- The Cross Enrollment Program should be continued;
- The University of California, California State University, and California Community College campuses should improve the manner by which students are informed of the availability of courses at other colleges through the Cross Enrollment Program. Counseling offices and transfer centers at community colleges should encourage potential transfer students to utilize the Cross Enrollment Program. The Cross-Enrollment Program should be an integral part of existing transfer articulation agreements and programs between two-year and four-year institutions; and
- The $10 fee a student pays to enroll in the program is appropriate and should be continued.
Related Topics: College-going and Preparation for Higher Education
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.