Report 04-19: Commission Review of a Proposal by the Santa Clarita Community College District to Establish the Canyon Country Educational Center
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionDecember 2004View Full Publication
The Commission concurs with a proposal of the California Community College Board of Governors to establish a state-approved education center in the city of Santa Clarita as a permanent off-campus center of the College of the Canyons. The Commission concludes that:
- Enrollments at the College of the Canyons are projected to nearly double, from 15,053 in Fall 2003 to 29,314 in year 2015;
- The projected annual enrollment growth rate ranks at the top among community college districts; and
- Proposed educational offerings at the Center address the area’s edducational needs.
Related Topics: Facilities Review
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.