Report FS/04-2: Changes in Student Fee Levels in California’s Public Postsecondary Education Systems
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionDecember 2004View Full Publication
This paper compares student fee levels near the time of adoption of the Masterplan with today. Changes in the level and use of student fees include the following:
- California public universities have increased student fees dramatically over the past 15 years. Still, they are among the lowest when compared with other states;
- California Community College fees have increased very modestly and remain much lower than any other state; and
- Public university students are funding an increasingly larger proportion of the cost of their instruction – 23% at the California State University and 30% at the University of California.
Related Topics: Fees, Tuition, Costs and Financial Aid
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.