Report FS/04-3: Student Financial Aid in California Postsecondary Education
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionDecember 2004View Full Publication
California student financial aid is increasing significantly:
- In 2002-03, California students re-ceived over $8 billion in financial aid;
- Financial aid funding increased by over 30%, from $5.9 billion in 1998-99 to $8.1 billion in 2002-03;
- Over half of all financial aid comes from the federal government in the form of loans;
- The Cal Grant Program accounts for about 7% of total funding;
- Institutional support totals almost three times the level of funding for the Cal Grant Program.
Related Topics: Fees, Tuition, Costs and Financial Aid
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.