Report 05-5: University Preparedness of Public High School Graduates
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionMarch 2005View Full Publication
This report is another in a series of reports stemming from the Commissionís 2003 Eligibility Study. It describes important changes in the academic characteristics of public high school students. The data show that:
- A lower proportion of students are enrolling in a-g coursework;
- A lower proportion of students are taking the SAT I admissions test;
- SAT I and ACT test performance has improved;
- A higher proportion of students are enrolling in AP courses and taking AP examinations;
- A lower proportion of students are passing the AP examination.
Related Topics: Equity, Access, and College Preparation | Eligibility for UC and CSU, Admission Policies
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.