Report 90-8 : State Budget Priorities of the Commission, 1990: A Report of the California Postsecondary Education Commission
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionJanuary 1990View Full Publication
The California Postsecondary Education Commission has adopted the following six priorities for the State budget for higher education during fiscal year 1990-91:
- Supporting full funding of the base budgets and enrollment growth in California's public universities and colleges
- Maintaining the existing level of State General Fund support for the California Community Colleges
- Implementing the private postsecondary education reforms of Senate Bill 190 (Morgan)
- Implementing the Commission's recommendations regarding space and utilization standards
- Funding the needs of adult education
- Expanding student financial assistance
- Supporting the implementation of community college reforms contained in Assembly Bill 1725
- Enhancing the capacity of the community colleges for long-range planning
- Supporting intersegmental efforts
Related Topics: Budgeting and Financing of Higher Education
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.