Report 90-18: Expanding Information and Outreach Efforts to Increase College Preparation: A Report to the Legislature and Governor in Response to Assembly Concurrent Resolution 133 (Chapter 72, Statutes of 1988)
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionJune 1990View Full Publication
Assembly concurrent Resolution 133 (Hughes, 1988) directed the Postsecondary Education Commission to:
- "consider alternative to expand early outreach and public information to elementary and junior high school pupils about the academic preparation necessary for college, and about how to apply for financial aid and prepare for the costs of higher education,
- "explore the potential utilization of financial incentives to increase pupil motivation to complete their schooling and prepare for college, and
- "present to the Legislature and the Governor (1) specific recommendations for action to implement new policy in this area, (2) a cost estimate for implementing each of the recommendations, and (3) a proposed time schedule for implementation."
Related Topics: Equity, Access, and College Preparation
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.