Report 90-28: State Budget Priorities of the Commission, 1991: A Report of the California Postsecondary Education Commission
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionDecember 1990View Full Publication
In recent years, the Commission has annually adopted a set of priorities regarding the State Budget for use by staff in working with the Legislature and the Department of Finance in negotiations over the forthcoming budget. Because of the many problems associated with adoption of the current 1990-91 Budget, this edition for 1991 reviews these difficulties as a basis for its recommended four priorities for the upcoming budget:
- Maintain the Master Plan's commitment to access and quality in postsecondary education;
- Continue intersegmental programs that promote education equity;
- Make progress in achieving the State's policy goals for increasing financial assistance to low income students; and
- Implement new space and utilization standards for California's public higher education facilities.
Related Topics: Budgeting and Financing of Higher Education
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.