Report 91-5: Status Report on Human Corps Activities, 1991: The Fourth in a Series of Five Annual Reports to the Legislature in Response to Assembly Bill 1829 (Chapter 1245, Statutes of 1987)
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionApril 1991View Full Publication
Through Assembly Bill 1820 (Vasconcellos, 1987) the Legislature directed the California Postsecondary Education Commission to report annually from 1988 to 1994 on the development, implementation, and operation of "Human Corps" programs of volunteer student service at the University of California and the California State University. This fourth report in the series reviews the origins of the Human Corps concept, discusses the Human Corps activities of the University and State University over the past year, and offers two recommendations on page 3 concerning future reporting requirements related to this program: First, because of fiscal stringencies affecting the two segments as well as the State at large, and because data already exist to assess the progress made by the segments in expanding student participation in community service activities, the Commission recommends that;
- The University of California and the California State University shall not be required to conduct an interim survey of Human Corps participation in 1991, unless the State provides funding for such a survey.
- Second, because of the possibly costly nature of the final comprehensive evaluation of Human Corps activities due from the Commission in 1994, the Commission recommends that:
- Commission staff and representatives from the University and the State University shall meet with appropriate representatives of the Legislature to discuss future reports related to the Human Corps program, given the availability of State funding.
Related Topics: Faculty Salaries, Executive Compensation, Faculty and Staff Issues
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.