Report 92-20: Commission Comments on the Systems' Final Funding Gap Reports: A Second Report to the Legislature and the Governor in Response to Supplemental Report Language of the 1991 Budget Act
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionAugust 1992View Full Publication
In Supplemental Report Language to the 1991 Budget Act, the Legislature asked the University of California, the California State University, the California Community Colleges, and the California Student Aid Commission to each prepare a "funding gap" report that would:
- Document the gap or difference between its State appropriation and the funding needed to fully support its unique mission under the State's Master Plan for Higher Education;
- Identify how that under funding or gap has affected program quality and student access to its institutions;
- Identify its plans and priorities for maintaining its Master Plan mission given its current level of State funding; and
- Provide recommendations about how the State should fund it in the future.
Related Topics: Budgeting and Financing of Higher Education
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.