Report 97-5: A Review of the Proposed North County Center in Paso Robles -- An Educational Center of the San Luis Obispo Community College District: A Report to the Governor and Legislature in Response to a Request from the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionJune 1997View Full Publication
The California Postsecondary Education Commission is charged by Sections 66903(5) and 66904 of the Education Code to evaluate proposals concerning the need for, and location of, new institutions, branches, or educational centers of public higher education. It is further required to provide the substance of its analyses of these proposals to the Governor and the Legislature in the form of recommendations for approval or disapproval. This report contains the Commission's analysis and recommendations concerning a request by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges and the San Luis Obispo County Community College District to confer official educational center status on the North County Center in the City of Paso Robles. The Commission's recommendation for approval of the center will permit the district to proceed with purchase of the site, as well to submit an application for State capital outlay construction funds. The Commission's conclusions include the following:
- There is more than sufficient enrollment potential to justify creating the center;
- The district has diligently pursued various alternatives to constructing the center, including the consideration of numerous alternative sites;
- The district has created a comprehensive and thoughtful academic plan for the proposed center; and
- There is virtually no possibility of conflict with neighboring institutions.
Related Topics: Facilities Review
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.