Report 97-06: California Postsecondary Education Commission Workplan, 1996-2000 (1997 Update)
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionJune 1997View Full Publication
This report updates a staff-prepared workplan of activities to be undertaken through the year 2000 which the Commission adopted at the outset of 1996. The activities in The California Postsecondary Education Workplan, 1996 through 2000 were derived from statutory and State Budget mandates, including year-to-year responsibilities to provide the Legislature, Governor and others in higher education with specific information about postsecondary education. Additionally, many of the projects included in the workplan flowed from issues that the Commission and its staff identified as critical to higher education policy makers. Projects were grouped as follows:
- those done annually, e.g. updating of prior-year or historical information about higher education enrollments, State expenditures for public colleges and universities, faculty and administrator salaries;
- projects that would use available resources and were expected to be completed over a one-to-two-year period (starting in 1996);
- those to be completed in two to five years, if resources permitted; and
- projects that could be undertaken only if new resources were made available.
Related Topics: Commission Operations
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.