Report 98-7: California Postsecondary Education Commission Workplan, 1999 and Beyond
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionDecember 1998View Full Publication
This report updates a staff-prepared workplan of activities to be undertaken through the year 2004, which the Commission adopted in December 1998. The activities contained in the California Postsecondary Education Commission Workplan, 1999 and Beyond are derived from statutory and State Budget mandates, including recurring responsibility to provide the Governor, the Legislature, and others with specific information about postsecondary education. Section Two of the report summarizes the major activities that are conducted annually or periodically throughout each year. Additionally, Section Three of the report describes a series of six comprehensive studies the Commission and its staff have identified as critical to effective planning and to informed decisions that higher education policy makers will be called upon to make. The studies that have been included in this workplan include:
- Estimating how many more students will need to be accommodated in the next decade;
- Estimating the State's capacity to accommodate more student enrollment;
- Monitoring and facilitating the educational progression of students;
- Promoting institutional effectiveness and efficiency;
- Financing the higher education enterprise; and
- Assessing the impact of state financial aid policies.
- Short term - the study component will be undertaken and completed within 1-2 years;
- Mid term - the study component will require more than 2 but not more than 5 years to complete; and
- Long term - the study component in not likely to be undertaken prior to the 2003-04 fiscal year and will probably require additional resources to be allocated for that purpose.
Related Topics: Enrollment Demand and Capacity Analysis
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.