Report 99-3: A Bridge to the Future: Higher Education Planning for the Next Century
Published by The California Postsecondary Education CommissionSeptember 1999View Full Publication
This report documents and summarizes the recommendations contained in five major reports on California higher education that were produced in recent years by various agencies and organizations. They are:
- The Challenge of the Century: Planning for Record Student Enrollment and Improved Outcomes in California Postsecondary Education, published in 1995, by the California Postsecondary Education Commission;
- Shared Responsibility, published in June 1996, by the California Higher Education Policy Center;
- Breaking the Social Contract, published in 1997, by the Rand Corporation's Council for Aid to Education;
- California At the Crossroads: Investing in Higher Education for California's Future, published in November 1998, by the California Education Roundtable; and
- Toward a State of Learning: California Higher Education for the Twenty-First Century, published in March 1999, by the California Citizens Commission on Higher Education.
Related Topics: Enrollment Demand and Capacity Analysis
Further information may be obtained from the Commission's Research Staff
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Research_Staff@cpec.ca.gov.
A copy of any publication may be requested from the Commission's Publications Unit
(916) 445-1000 or via e-mail at Publication_Request@cpec.ca.gov.
Sign up to be notified when new publications are released.