Skip to: Content | Footer

California Postsecondary Education Data Home Page

Frequently Asked Questions

Starting a College

We would like to open a cosmetology school, please provide information on how to apply.

Private postsecondary schools and colleges are approved by the State with oversight authority vested in the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).

Contact information:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
Phone: (916) 574-7720

Related Links:

View all FAQs.

E-mail a question to Webmaster@CPEC.CA.Gov