CALIFORNIA POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION COMMISSION
Welcome to the CPEC Mobile Website.
Commissioner Ralph R. Pesqueira
Ralph R. Pesqueira was appointed to the California Postsecondary Education Commission by Governor Schwarzenegger on October 12, 2006, to represent the general public. His term expires on December 31, 2010. Mr. Pesqueira was first appointed to the Commission in May 1997 as the representative of the Trustees of the California State University.
Mr. Pesqueira is Owner and President of El Indio Mexican Restaurant(68 year family operated). Ralph brings many years of higher education experience having served on the California State University Board of Trustees, and as a CSU Trustee representative to the Commission (1988-2004).
Mr. Pesqueira was born in Calexico, California and moved to San Diego in 1940. He served in the U.S. Army, Captain USAR (1958-1971). Mr. Pesqueira resides in San Diego with his wife, Eva Sanchez. They have three daughters (Melinda, Becky, and Jennifer) and seven grandchildren.
- Graduate Program - Religious Studies, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas (1958)
- B.S. - Business Administration, Marketing, San Diego State University (1957)
- San Diego High School (1953)
- Grant Elementary School, Horace Mann Jr. High School
Awards And Honors
- Citizen of the Year, City Club of San Diego and the San Diego Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Outstanding Alumni Award, Associated Students of San Diego State University
- Who's Who, San Diego Business Journal (2000)
- Recipient of the Community and Justice Award, National Council of Christians and Jews (1999)
- Significant Sig, Sigma Chi Fraternity (1999)
- Alumni of the Year, San Diego State University (1998)
- CSU Trustee of the Year, California State Student Association (1997-98)
- Father of the Year, San Diego Father's Day Council (1996)
- Leadership Award, Boy Scouts of America (1985-1989)
Past Organizations and Activities:
- Owner/President, El Indio Mexican Restaurant (65-year family operated)
- Member, California State University, System Foundation
- Member, California State University, System Archive Committee
- Member, SDSU, The Campanile Foundation
- Member, SDSU, The President's Leadership Board
- Member, Board of Trustees, California State Universities
- CSU representative to the California Postsecondary Commission
- Chairman, San Diego Year 2000 Redistricting Commission
- Vice-Chairman, San Diego City Planning Commission (1985-1993)
- State of California Delegate, Republican National Convention (1988 and 1992)
- Member, State of California Sesquicentennial Commission