CALIFORNIA POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION COMMISSION
Welcome to the CPEC Mobile Website.
Commissioner Olivia K. Singh
Olivia K. Singh was reappointed to the Commission by the Senate Rules Committee on January 20, 2011 to represent the general public. Her term expires on December 31, 2016. She was previously reappointed by the Senate Rules Committee on February 2, 2005 to represent the general public and her term expired on December 31, 2010. She served as the Chair of the Commission from 2007 through 2008. Ms. Singh was first appointed to the Commission on March 7, 2001.
Ms. Singh was a 30-year employee of the Social Security Administration where she held a series of increasingly responsible management positions.
- M.A. - Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley
- B.A. - International Relations, Magna Cum Laude, San Francisco State College, San Francisco
Awards And Honors
- Deputy Commissioner's Citation, Social Security Administration, 1997 (Agency's Second Highest Award)
- Associate Commissioner's Citation, Social Security Administration, 1994 (Agency's Third Highest Award)
- San Francisco Bay Area Federal Executive Board's Equal Opportunity Manager Award, 1991
- Performance Management & Recognition System Awards for Outstanding Performance in 1985 and from 1990-1996
- Performance Management & Recognition System Awards for Exemplary Performance from 1982-84 and 1986-89
- High Quality Increase Awards in 1979 and 1971
- Commissioner's Citation, Social Security Administration, 1971 (Agency's Highest Award)
- Ford Foundation Internship in Junior College Teaching, City College of San Francisco, Summer 1967
- Fulbright Scholarship, University of California, Berkeley, 1966-67
- Member, UC Regents Selection Advisory Committee, 1998-2000, appointed by the Senate Rules Committee
- Member, Senate Advisory Commission on Cost Control, 2000-2001
- Life Member, California Alumni Association, Berkeley, California
- Member, National Women's Political Caucus, San Francisco Chapter
- Member, Social Security Alumni Association, San Francisco, California