CALIFORNIA POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION COMMISSION
Welcome to the CPEC Mobile Website.
Commissioner Stephen A. Arditti
Stephen A. Arditti was appointed to the Commission by the Senate Rules Committee on February 3, 2010, to represent the general public. His term expires on December 31, 2011.
Mr. Arditti served as Assistant Vice President and Director of the University of California's Office of State Governmental Relations and was senior lobbyist representing the University before the legislative and executive branches of California government. He also served as UC's Assistant Legislative Representative, Legislative Analyst and Research Coordinator. He was formerly Dean of Students at UCLA.
- B.A. in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles
- Juris Doctor from the University of California, Los Angeles
Awards And Honors
- First recipient of the pretigious National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges/Council for Advancement and Support of Education's Marvin D. "Swede" Johnson Award for excellence and achievement in State Governmental Relations
- Chair, University of California Press Foundation and Board member since 2008
- Member of the Order of the Golden Bruin