CALIFORNIA POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION COMMISSION
Welcome to the CPEC Mobile Website.
Commissioner Howard Welinsky
Howard Welinsky was reappointed to the Commission by the Speaker of the Assembly on October 11, 2005, to represent the general public. He served as the Chair of the Commission from 2004 through 2006. His term expires on December 31, 2011. Mr. Welinsky was first appointed to the Commission on January 1, 2000.
Mr. Welinsky is Senior Vice President, Administration for Warner Bros. Distributing where he has held a number of management and executive positions since 1973.
- B.A. in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles
- Graduate Studies at UCLA and the University of Southern California
Awards And Honors
- The 2004 Advocate of the Year - University of California Alumni Association
- The 2000 Earl Raab Award, Jewish Public Affairs Committee of California
- Los Angeles NAACP Leadership Award, 2000
- Abe Levy Chaver Award, the Jewish Labor Committee (California/Western Region), 1998
- Lawrence J. Weinberg Distinguished Service Award, American Israel Public Affairs Committee, 1995
- University of California Press Foundation Board
- Progressive Jewish Alliance, Treasurer and Board member
- Chair, Democrats for Israel, Los Angeles
- Trustee, IATSE Benefit Funds
- Board Member, Center for Health Care Rights
- Board Member, Jewish Public Affairs Committee of California
- Life Member of the UCLA Alumni Association
- Delegate to and Platform Committee member of the National Democratic Convention (l980-2008)
- Former Board Member, UCLA Foundation
- Former Chair, Jewish Community Relations Committee of the Los Angeles Federation of Los Angeles